#2 Trident Maple Project (con’t)

Updated: Oct 8, 2020

#2 Trident Maple Project (cont)


As promised, here is an update of my other Trident Maple project.  The last post I wrote about this tree was in June of 2012.  Please click here if you would like to see what I did back then.  I’ve worked on this tree twice during the Summer in July and August, but due to the busy schedule I hadn’t gotten a chance to write about it.  Instead of writing two post about this tree, I will put the two Summer visits into this one post.  Now that it’s Fall and the leaves are starting to change on the deciduous trees here, we will be working on this tree one last time to wrap up the year.  That post should be out in December.  But enough about the future, lets take a look into the past and see what I did first in July, then in August!

Beginning of June 2012


Mid July 2012















End of August 2012

For most of the Summer, I watered the tree 2-3 times a day.  It was not often that the soil was completely dry and was always a bit damp when I watered.  Deciduous trees for the most part can handle wet conditions.  It seems that they rather enjoy having their soil wet all the time.  Just a re-cap, the soil mix I used for this tree is 80% akadama, 10% pumice and 10% coarse river sand.